?

Log in

No account? Create an account
entries friends calendar profile Previous Previous Next Next
lining the furnace vent - Rounding up the Usual Suspects
Steve's Livejournal
steve98052
steve98052
lining the furnace vent
Today I didn't get a chance to do too much floor work. The main progress was that I extended the moisture barrier from the surface of the subfloor into the outer part of the furnace vent. That was kind of complicated because the furnace ducts are made of galvanized steel, and not much sticks to it. I ended up using foaming urethane glue, which worked pretty well, except that the stuff doesn't have a lot of grip until it's fairly well set, and there was no good way to clamp this gluing job. But now the moisture barrier will smoothly extend into the duct, so it will look just a little nicer if we peek into the duct with the cover off.

Tags:

Leave a comment